Nobody wants to deal with a malfunctioning furnace in the dead of winter, but many people find themselves with this issue due to a lack of routine maintenance. Thankfully, many of the common problems people experience with furnaces during the winter can be avoided with some routine maintenance steps and common furnace repairs in Alexandria, VA. Keep reading to make sure your furnace is in the best working condition possible by taking some preventative maintenance steps and identifying some common repairs for furnaces.
Here are some of the most common types of services and repairs necessary to keep furnaces running properly during the winter:
- Filter replacement: One of the most important furnace maintenance services is filter replacement. Over time, furnace filters can become clogged with dirt, dust and debris and restrict airflow to the furnace. Replacing filters keeps air moving freely to promote reliable operation and better energy efficiency.
- Ductwork cleaning: Another essential aspect of furnace maintenance is ductwork cleaning. Ducts accumulate all kinds of debris and particles that are circulated through your home when the furnace is turned on. By cleaning their ductwork, homeowners can dramatically improve their indoor air quality and keep their HVAC systems operating efficiently.
- Blower bearing replacement: Over time, it’s normal for certain parts and components in a furnace system to wear out. Replacing these components is necessary to keep furnace systems running reliably for a long time. One of the most common types of furnace part replacement in Alexandria, VA is blower bearing replacement. When blower bearings wear out, they begin to generate a lot of noise when the furnace is running. If you’ve noticed that your furnace is much louder than usual, worn out blower bearings might be to blame.
- Thermostat calibration and repair: Oftentimes, problems with a furnace’s performance are actually caused by problems with a home’s thermostat. When the thermostat isn’t calibrated properly, your home might not be heated to the desired temperature, or your furnace might run at times when it isn’t supposed to. Make sure to have your thermostat checked if you’ve been experiencing some furnace performance problems to find out whether the source of the issue is actually a faulty thermostat.
- Limit switch replacement: Another common furnace part replacement in Alexandria, VA involves the limit switch. This part is designed to detect the heat in a furnace and shut it off if it becomes dangerously hot. This is very important when it comes to safety and fire prevention, so it’s crucial to make sure that this part is working properly. If your furnace is continuously running when it shouldn’t be, it’s a sign that your limit switch is broken or malfunctioning.
Schedule professional furnace services
For professional help with common furnace repairs in Alexandria, VA, reach out to the team of experts at A Action Home Services. We have decades of experience providing a wide range of HVAC installation, maintenance and repair services to homeowners throughout the area. Our team will inspect your system and provide you with the services necessary to get your furnace working as effectively and efficiently as possible this winter. Give us a call to get started with a consultation and quote.