Today’s heating systems are built to last for decades before they need to be replaced. However, that doesn’t mean they won’t malfunction every now and then. If your heat won’t turn on, it’s important to know what to do when your heater breaks in Alexandria, VA. This post will cover a few things a homeowner can do before bringing in a professional HVAC technician:
- Check the thermostat: This one may sound silly, but be sure to check the thermostat before you start worrying that your furnace is broken. Homeowners often forget to set their thermostat to “heat,” which means the furnace won’t put out any warm air.
- Change the batteries: If the thermostat is on heating mode, but there’s still nothing coming from the vents, check to make sure the batteries are working. Many models of thermostats require batteries that need to be changed once or twice a year.
- Examine the filter: Furnace filters that are too clogged may cause the system to shut down completely, which is actually a leading cause of heating issues. Be sure to change your filters every month or so to ensure there aren’t any filter-related heating issues this winter.
- Inspect the circuit breaker: What to do when your heater breaks in Alexandria, VA could be as simple as checking the circuit breaker! If the switch for the furnace gets tripped for some reason, your electric furnace obviously won’t turn on. Flip the switch back on to solve the problem.
- Check the fuel supply: Heating systems that run on gas or oil obviously need to have fuel to produce heat. Inspect the gas line to ensure everything is in working order and check to ensure the pilot light is still lit. If you have an oil heater, make sure the tank isn’t empty.
- Call a professional: Finally, if none of the steps above solves the problem, call an HVAC technician. Be sure to choose a reputable team that can arrive as soon as possible to either repair or replace your heater.
Why choose our team?
Don’t hire just anyone to fix your heating system after it goes kaput—call A Action Home Services! Here are a few reasons customers choose us when their furnace fails to do its job:
- Decades of experience: With over 40 years of industry experience, you can rest easy knowing there’s nothing we haven’t seen or fixed. Regardless of your heater’s make or model, we know the proper first steps to take after a heater breaks in Alexandria, VA.
- Highly-trained techs: In addition to our industry experience, we only hire highly-trained technicians to work on our team. Your HVAC technician will be able to identify the problem and set it straight.
- Financing available: We know heating repairs aren’t always cheap—that’s why we provide financing for qualifying customers. You won’t have to worry about spending a fortune when you hire our team to fix your furnace.
Calling A Action Home Services should always be one of your first steps after a heater breaks in Alexandria, VA! Contact our team today to perform a seasonal inspection or to make emergency repairs.